Life can be hard because of 2 factors: what’s Inside (it’s all in your head), and what’s Outside. This post is about preparing for the Outside.
The Minimum Viable Day: is it Viable?
Here’s a minimum of what I need daily to stay healthy and happy, in order of importance.
- 8 hours of sleep.
- 3 good meals (40 mins each = 2 hours).
- Drink 1.5L of plain water.
- Yoga/stretching (about 30 minutes).
- Read anything engaging: literature, groundbreaking news (about 1 hour, hopefully 2 hours).
- Keep up with my emotional relationships (a couple of family and friends) (usually 1 or 2 hours).
Also, once every couple of days, I need:
- Explore the city with friends/Hang out/Go out (a few hours).
- Sex (1 hour).
- Gym (1 hour).
- Play or analyze Music (1 or 2 hours).
When I started making this list, I thought the hours would add up to a ridiculous number of hours per day. But the necessary takes about 16 hours, which means I have 8 hours left to do anything else. And that’s the catch.
Need to have: Cleaning. Traffic. Grocery shopping. Errands. Appointments. Work.
Where does the 8 hour workday fit in? And who said entertainment?